How to Fix Error 0xc00007b: Windows operating system is the most common OS used these days. Several versions of Windows OS are available now a day and users use them as applicable for them. Some of the users are still using Windows 7 while some have already switched to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and some are planning to switch from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1. There is a very common error which is being experienced by the users of Windows 7 as well as Windows 8/8.1. This error code is 0xc00007b.
WHEN DOES ERROR CODE 0xc00007b OCCUR?
Well there can be various scenarios under which you encounter error code 0xc00007b. You may get this error while doing any of the following:
- You might be upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and after that you may encounter error 0xc00007b in new Windows (Windows 8 or 8.1).
- You might be trying to play a Game on your PC and after launching the application, error code 0xc00007b may flash on your screen.
- You might be launching software but unfortunately the error code 0xc00007b may resist you to do so.
- You may encounter error 0xc00007b when you install a 32-bit application on a 64-bit operating system.
- There can be several other scenarios when you get error code 0xc00007b.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET ERROR CODE 0xc00007b?
As soon as you encounter the error code 0xc00007b, a dialogue box may prompt up on your screen and flashing the message stating, “The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the Application”.
Clicking OK will certainly terminate the corresponding application. You will not be having option except to close the application. This error is very common in Windows OS and it is certainly very annoying. So we are here to give you some easy and efficient methods to fix Error 0xc00007b on Windows Operating Systems.
HOW TO FIX ERROR 0xc00007b: THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START
In this section, we will be giving you some easy and efficient methods to fix error 0xc00007b. These methods are applicable on all versions of Windows OS such as Windows 7, Windows 8 as well as Windows 8.1.
METHOD 1: DOWNLOAD REQUIRED DLL FILES
Downloading the required dll files on your Windows OS will certainly fix error 0xc00007b. Now you must be wondering which dll files are actually required. Well, you need not worry about that. Just download the files given below on your Windows OS. Follow the steps as given below to fix error 0xc00007b.
- Download the following dll files as mentioned below.
- After the completion of download, copy these dll files in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. It may ask you to replace the files. In such a case, allow it to replace that.
- Reboot your PC. Now you won’t be getting error 0xc00007b.
METHOD 2: RUN THE APPLICATION AS ADMINISTRATOR
There are certain applications, especially some software that are required to be run as an administrator for security purposes. This can also cause error 0xc00007b to occur. If this is the case, follow the steps given below to fix error 0xc00007b.
- Go to the respective application.
- Right Click on its icon.
- Select Properties.
- Click on Compatibility tab.
- Check mark the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- You won’t be getting the error code 0xc00007b now.
METHOD 3: INSTALL LATEST VERSION OF DIRECTX
There are certain applications, especially Games for which DirectX software is mandatory. An older version of DirectX software on your system may be responsible for error code 0xc00007b. In order to fix error 0xc00007b, you need to download and install the latest version of DirectX.
Download Link: Download Latest Version of DirectX
These were some of the most effective and efficient methods to fix error 0xc00007b. Do let us know how these methods worked for you. Hope you liked this article on “How to Fix Error 0xc00007b: The Application was unable to start”. In case of any queries regarding this, feel free to ask via comments.