Fix Error Code 2001 While Restoring iPhones and iPads: Apple is one of the leading brands. iPhone, iPads, iPods are some of the devices manufactured by Apple. Apple is leading the market of smartphones with its iPhones and iPads. But iPhone and iPad users often encounter an error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads. So, this article is devoted to fix the error code 2001 that occurs while restoring the Apple devices.
In this article, we will be giving you few methods that will let you fix error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads. These methods are given in the next section. You can use any of them as applicable for you. So go through the next section to fix error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads.
HOW TO FIX ERROR CODE 2001 WHILE RESTORING IPHONES AND IPADS
In this section, some of the methods are given below to fix error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads.
METHOD 1: UPDATE YOUR ITUNES
iPhone and iPad users often encounter the error code 2001 due to downgraded version of iTunes. So, first you should upgrade your iTunes to the latest version. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open iTunes.
- Click on Help appearing on the top right corner.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If any update is available for your iPhone, it will ask you to install the latest version of iTunes.
- Click Yes and install the latest version of iTunes.
- You can also download the latest version of iTunes from here.
METHOD 2: CHANGE USB CABLE
The error code 2001 may also occur due to the damaged USB cable. Many of the users have reported the issue of damaged cable that caused error code 2001 to occur while restoring iPhones and iPads using iTunes. Apart from the USB cable, your port may also cause the problem. So you can try changing either the cable or USB port to fix error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads using iTunes.
METHOD 3: SOFT RESERT YOUR IPHONE OR IPAD
Soft resetting your device can also fix error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads using iTunes. In order to perform a soft reset on your iPhone, you need to follow the given steps below:
- Press and Hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds until you see an Apple Logo. You can leave both these buttons once the Apple logo appears.
- The iPhone will restart automatically.
- After restart, your phone will come back to your Home Screen.
- This is it. You are done with the Soft Reset. As you can see, performing a soft reset is pretty simple.
Also Read: How to Hard Reset an iPhone
So these were the three methods to fix error code 2001 while restoring iPhones and iPads using iTunes. These methods are reported to be effective as well as efficient by many users. Hope you liked this article on “How to Fix Error Code 2001 while Restoring iPhones and iPads using iTunes”. In case of any queries regarding this, feel free to ask via comments.