Nowadays Windows Phones are in trend. They are the one leading the market of smartphones along with iOS and Android smartphones. The only reason why windows phones are not as successful as iPhone and Android smartphones is the restrictions that they impose upon the users and developers. Apart from that, Windows phones are much more secured and user friendly. Windows phone users may often encounter an error code 805a8011 while downloading and installing apps or games from Windows Store. This article will give you several methods to fix Error code 805a8011 on Windows Phone.
Also Read: Pokemon Go for Windows Phone
SYMPTOMS OF ERROR CODE 805a8011
The symptoms of error code 805a8011 on Windows phone are as follows:
- Unable to access email and SMS.
- WhatApp does not connect to the Internet.
- Unable to access email + account option.
FIX ERROR CODE 805a8011 ON WINDOWS PHONE
This section will give you several methods to fix error code 805a8011 on Windows Phone. We will be giving detailed procedure along with appropriate steps to fix Error code 805a8011 on Windows Phone.
METHOD 1: FREE STORAGE ON YOUR WINDOWS PHONE
Windows Phone error code 805a8011 may occur due to lack of storage space available in your phone. So, in order to fix error code 805a8011 on Windows Phone, you can got to free some of your memory space by deleting some audio, video and image files.
After creating sufficient space (about 150MB), check if the error code 805a8011 still exists. If it does, you got to switch to the next method given below.
METHOD 2: MANUALLY SYNCHRONIZE YOUR ACCOUNT
In order to manually synchronize your account, follow the steps given below in a sequential order:
- Go to Settings.
- Select email + account.
- Tap and hold Microsoft Account.
- Tap on
- Check for error code 805a8011. If it still persists, go to the final method.
METHOD 3: RESET YOUR PHONE
This section will let you know how to Soft Reset and Hard Reset windows phones to fix error code 805a8011 on Windows Phone. So go through this section in order to know the differences between two methods and way of implementing the two.
The soft reset can be considered as equivalent to pulling your battery off. Soft Resetting a phone will not remove anything from it and it is absolutely safe to do in case of any problems or issues. You can go for Soft Reset in case you are facing any of the given issues:
- The device starts behaving oddly.
- The camera is not opening.
- The device has started using too much battery.
- The apps that usually start are not opening properly now.
HOW TO SOFT RESET A WINDOWS PHONE
You can Soft Reset your Windows Phone very easily by going through the following steps:
- Switch ON your Windows Phone (In case if it is Switched OFF)
- Press and hold Volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates. You must not touch the screen during this entire process of Soft Reset even when an option to power off pops up.
- When you feel the vibration, leave the buttons and your phone will automatically restart.
- That’s all. You are done with Soft Reset.
You must know that hard resetting your Windows Phone will turn it back to the factory settings (the state it was in the first time when it was turned on). All of your personal contents will be lost and phone will be restored to its factory settings. Before going for the Hard Reset, it is highly recommended that you should back up all of your stuff. You can go for hard reset in case you are facing any of the given issues:
- The Soft Reset was unable to solve the problem.
- You want to restore a backup.
- You want to switch to another Microsoft Account.
- You want to reset a device that you will no longer use.
HOW TO HARD RESET A RESPONSIVE PHONE
If your phone is responsive (if you can turn on your device), you can hard reset your windows phone by going through the following steps:
- Tap Settings in the App list page.
- Tap Restore your phone.
- You will receive two warnings saying that, “Resetting your phone will erase all your personal content, including apps, games, pictures, music and videos and will restore the factory settings. Do you want to continue?”
- So if you are absolutely sure and you have made up your mind to hard reset your windows phone, simply tap YES in both the warnings.
- It will take some amount of time to complete the process.
HOW TO HARD RESET AN UNRESPONSIVE PHONE
If your phone is not responding at all and you cannot reach Settings, then you will have to make use of hardware buttons to hard reset your Windows Phone. On Nokia Lumia phones, go through the following steps in order to hard reset your unresponsive Windows Phone:
- Press and hold Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).
- After feeling the vibration, you should immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following buttons in order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
- Now your Windows Phone will automatically restart.
- It will take some time to complete the process.
From the three methods mentioned above, one of them will surely work. Hope you liked this article on “Fix Error Code 805a8011 on Windows Phone”. In case of any queries, feel free to ask via comments.