Google Chrome users may often encounter the error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN while accessing the Internet on their PC. This error won’t let you access the webpage you are looking at. This error occurs with a message stating, “The server at 0.docs.google.com can’t be found, because the DNS lookup failed”. This error is very common for Google Chrome users and thus we are here to give you some efficient and effective methods to fix error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Google Chrome.
Before going to the actual methods to fix error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, let us first understand what this error code exactly means. First of all, you need to understand what DNS is. DNS (Domain Name System) acts as a database that contains the IP address of all the public servers. This error means that chrome is unable to access the DNS and hence it is unable to fetch IP address. So the webpage is not accessed successfully.
HOW TO FIX ERROR CODE DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ON GOOGLE CHROME
In this section, we will be giving you two methods to fix error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Google Chrome. Both the methods are working and you can go through any of them as applicable for you.
METHOD 1: CHANGE DNS SETTINGS
You can easily fix error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Google Chrome by changing the DNS Settings. The detailed and step by step procedure is as given below:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings on left of the window.
- Here you will observe all the connections. Out of these, select the connected and active connections. Right click on this active connection and select Properties.
- Here, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties underneath it.
- Check “Use the following DNS Server Address” option. Here, input the following values precisely
- Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124.
- Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199.
- Click on OK button.
- Now you will not get error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
METHOD 2: FLUSH THE DNS
Though the first method will work for sure, but you can also use this method if you do not want to manipulate the DNS settings. The detailed and step by step procedure is as given below:
- Open Command Prompt. To do so, go through these steps.
- Press Windows Key +R.
- Here, type cmd in the text box.
- This will open up the command prompt.
- Now type the command: netsh winsock reset catalog. This command will flush the DNS.
- Reboot your PC. Now you won’t be getting the error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
So these were the two of the most effective and efficient methods to fix error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Hope you liked this article on “How to Fix error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Google Chrome”. In case of any queries regarding this, feel free to ask via comments.