iOS users can experience error code 3194 while trying to restore or update the firmware on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod devices. The error is usually triggered when iTunes fails to communicate with the Apple server responsible for restorations and updates. To fix iPhone Error 3194, you need to go through the following steps. This error is really annoying and when you are dealing with a jailbroken iPhone, it is going to be even worse. If iTunes is unable to communicate with the update server, then you may see one of the following messages:
- Error 1639.
- Errors 3000-3020.
- Error 3194.
- Errors 3100-3999.
- Error 17.
Also Read: How to fix iPhone Errors 1000 and 1002.
HOW TO FIX IPHONE ERROR 3194
- Windows users need to navigate to the path C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find a file named hosts.
- Mac users can file this host file in /etc/
- You can open this host file in any text editor such as Notepad. Open the file with Administrator Privileges.
- Go to the bottom of the text and find a phrase: 208.105.171 gs.apple.com.
- In order to fix iPhone Error 3194, you can either comment this line or remove this line completely.
- To comment this line, just type a single # character in front of the line and save the file.
- Now try to update your iPhone through iTunes.
- Hopefully, the error should not pop up now.
HOW TO FIX IPHONE ERROR 3194 FOR A JAILBROKEN IPHONE
If you are dealing with a jailbroken iPhone, then you need to use TinyUmbrella in order to fix iPhone error 3194. TinyUmbrella is small software that often comes to rescue when you are dealing with the jailbroken iPhone. Go through the following steps in order to fix iPhone error 3194 for a jailbroken iPhone:
- First of all, you need to download the iOS firmware that you want to upgrade or downgrade your iPhone to.
- Download TinyUmbrella software.
- Connect your iPhone and close iTunes if it pops automatically.
- Open TinyUmbrella.
- Click on Start TSS Server.
- Put your iPhone in DFU.
- In case you are trying to update your firmware, then you will have to click on Shift+Restore (for windows) and Option+Restore (for MAC) and point it to the iOS ipsw file that you downloaded in Step 1.
- This procedure will certainly help you to restore iTunes to the correct iOS firmware you pinted to and update your iPhone to it successfully.
These steps will hopefully resolve your issues. You can let us know how this procedure worked for you. Even if you face any issues regarding this, you can let us know via comments.