Fix iPhone and iPad Error Code 9006: Apple’s iPhone is one of the leading brands in the market of smartphones along with Android and Windows Phone. Along with all sorts of extraordinary applications and game, iPhone offers reliability and security to its users. Though Apple iPhone is one of the best smartphones available today, even it is not free from errors as others. Even iPhone users may encounter an error code 9006 while upgrading iOS or purchasing music from iTunes. This article will give you a detailed and step by step procedure to fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006.
WHAT CAUSES IPHONE AND IPAD ERROR CODE 9006 TO OCCUR
- Error code 9006 may occur due to slow internet connection. So, make sure that you are using a reliable and fast internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi) while upgrading to iOS 7.
- iPhone error code 9006 may also occur due to less storage space available on your iPhone or iPad.
Also Read : How to Fix iPhone Error 3194
HOW TO FIX IPHONE AND IPAD ERROR CODE 9006
This section will give you few methods to fix iPhone and iPad error 9006. You can go through each of the method in a sequential manner. Before going to the actual fix for error code 9006, you can try a simple trick. What you need to do is to close iTunes and restart the check for updates process. But keep in mind that it is not a guaranteed and actual fix. We are giving it as this has proved to be successful for many users. If this trick doesn’t help you, you can switch to some of the methods given below to fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006.
METHOD 1: TEMPORARILY TURN OFF ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION
In order to fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006, apple recommends turning off any third party security software. So, if you have turned ON any antivirus protection, you need to temporarily turn it off by following the steps given below.
- Open your antivirus software.
- Turn OFF your antivirus.
- Open iTunes.
- Now try to update the device.
- Since you have turned off the antivirus protection, none of the features would be interrupting anymore.
- After the completion of the update, check your device to see it is updated and check if iTunes has the updated version of the software.
- Now restart and enable the Antivirus protection.
This method should fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006 as it has proved to be successful for significant number of users. But unfortunately, if it is unable to fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006, you got to switch to the next method.
METHOD 2: DELETE PARTIAL IOS 7 DOWNLOADS
If first method didn’t work for you, you can delete partial iOS 7 downloads that will force iTunes to restart the process. You can do so by following the steps mentioned below.
- Follow the path given below as per the operating system you are using.
- Windows 7 and Vista – C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\.
- Windows XP – C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\.
- To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start, and then in the search bar type %appdata% and then press Enter
- MAC OS X – ~/Library/iTunes/.
- Go to iPhone Software Updates, iPad Software updates or iPod software updates (as per the device you are using).
- Delete the files and again try to download.
These are two methods available to fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006. Hope you liked this article on “Fix iPhone and iPad error code 9006”. Do let us know how this method worked for you. Even if you find yourself into trouble while going through the procedure mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.