How to Fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4: If you are a gaming geek, then you must be aware of Battlefield, right? Battlefield is one of the most popular games in today’s world. Battlefield is a series of first person shooter video games. Battlefield came into existence in 2002 in Microsoft Windows and MAC OS X. This series is developed by one of the renowned company – EA Digital Illusions CE. The latest version released by EA Digitals is Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4 is available for PC, PS3, PS4, X360 and Xbox one. Battlefield 4 is available in both the regular and the Digital Deluxe Edition.
Battlefield 4 has received a great response from all the users worldwide. Battlefield 4 is being loved by almost everyone. Apart from a great response from all the users worldwide, Battlefield 4 suffers from few errors. One of the most common errors faced by Battlefield 4 is Origin Not Installed Error. So we are here to give you the in depth cause and the method to fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4.
WHAT CAUSES ‘ORIGIN NOT INSTALLED’ ERROR IN BATTLEFIELD 4?
Battlefield 4 may encounter ‘Origin Not Installed’ Error due to two most common reasons. These are as given below:
- You may have installed Battlefield 4 in one of the directory (say C:). After that, you may have moved it to some other location in your system. This breaks the registry key which results in Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4.
- Secondly, your permissions or programs may have been set up in such a way that Origin cannot write to your registry or register itself.
This error will certainly not allow you to enjoy this awesome Game. So we are here to let you enjoy the awesomeness of this game by letting you know the method to fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4.
HOW TO FIX ORIGIN NOT INSTALLED ERROR IN BATTLEFIELD 4
In this section, we will be giving you a detailed and step by step method to fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4. So go through this section carefully.
STEP 1: VERIFY YOUR REGISTRY
- Press Windows + R.
- In the text box, type Regedit and click on OK.
- This will open up your Registry Editor.
- Here, open “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOR\origin\shell\open\command.
STEP 2: Origin.exe/ Register
- First of all, open the command prompt.
- Now using command prompt, go to Origin Folder by writing cd “C:\Program Files (X86)\Origin” (For Windows 7 and Vista x64 users). Otherwise type – cd “C:\Program Files\Origin”
- Now type exe/Register.
- Start Origin.
- Now Play.
STEP 3: RUN BATTLEFIELD 4 AS ADMINISTRATOR
Here, Right click on the Origin and Battlefield 4 shortcuts and select Run as Administrator.
STEP 4: TURN OFF REGISTRY CLEANING TOOLS
If any of the registry cleaning tools has been enabled on your system, then you need to turn it off to fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4. Registry cleaning tools may delete important registry keys that the Origin may require for proper functioning.
So these were the four steps that are required to fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4. This method is also applicable to many other games like FIFA 14, Battlefield 3 and many more. Hope you liked this error on “How to Fix Origin Not Installed Error in Battlefield 4”. In case of any queries regarding this, feel free to ask via comments.