The audience is expecting a lot from Windows 10 and it seems promising too. Microsoft is expected to roll out many new exciting features with Windows 10. This includes brand new task bar, virtual desktop/task view, enhanced Cortana, new web browser Edge, and many more. Those having genuine Windows (either Windows 7 or Windows 8.x), can easily upgrade to Windows 10. I am personally using Windows 10 and it’s really cool. While I was upgrading to Windows 10 for the first time, I encountered an error having code 80200056. It restricted me from downloading Windows 10 and it was really frustrating. Then I looked into the issue and finally fixed the problem quite easily. So, I thought of sharing the methods to fix Windows 10 Error Code 80200056 with you all.
WHAT CAUSES WINDOWS 10 ERROR CODE 80200056
There are 2 basic reasons that may cause Windows 10 Error code 80200056. These are:
- You may have partially downloaded Windows 10 and then stopped in between and then restarted the download. Doing so may corrupt the files that had been already downloaded in first attempt.
- This error code can also occur when Microsoft’s servers are down. In this case, you don’t have any option, but to wait. However, we will give a workaround for this too.
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10 ERROR CODE 80200056
In this section, we will be providing you two of the simplest methods to fix Windows 10 error code 80200056. Please go through them carefully.
METHOD 1: DELETE CORRUPTED WINDOWS 10 UPDATE FILES
In order to delete corrupted Windows 10 update files, follow the steps given below:
- Follow the path: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. Here you will find few files and folders. Delete everything.
- Now restart your computer.
- Go to start menu and right click on it.
- Select command prompt (Admin).
- Now write the following command in command prompt: exe/updatenow
- Press Enter.
- Now go to Windows Update. You should be able to download Windows 10 now without any error.
This method should fix Windows 10 error code 80200056. If unfortunately, this method didn’t work for you, then probably Microsoft’s servers are down and you cannot do anything, but to wait.
However, if you are too curious to upgrade your Windows to Windows 10, then below is another method that will let you overcome Windows 10 error code 80200056 and you will be able to download Windows 10 easily.
METHOD 2: DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 THROUGH ISO FILE
You can also download windows 10 through ISO file. Follow the steps to do so:
- Head over to Microsoft’s official website by following the link given below:
- Using this page, you can download a disc image, that is, ISO file and use it to either install or reinstall Windows 10 on your system.
So go ahead and enjoy super exciting features of Windows 10. These were the easiest methods to fix Windows 10 error code 80200056. Hope you liked this article on “How to fix Windows 10 error code 80200056”. In case you find yourself into trouble while going through the methods mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments. Thanks and Enjoy, Stay In Touch 😉