You might be receiving the error code d0000011 when trying to buy games on marketplace or Windows Phone Store. You may see a pop up saying “Error d0000011 – Try launching Marketplace again. If the problem continues, check back in a little while or try restarting your phone”. But even after sufficient time elapse and restarting the phone might not be working for you. So here is how you can fix windows store error d0000011 using these simple and basic steps.
This error is caused when the phone is manually deregistered using the Remove this Phone option on www.windowsphone.com. You can fix windows store error d0000011 using these 4 steps.
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS STORE ERROR d0000011
In order to fix windows store error d0000011, just go through the following steps:
STEP 1: BACK UP YOUR PHONE
You can go through the following steps in order to complete the backup process:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Backup.
- Click Apps + Settings.
- Here, you will be getting two options, one for Settings Backup and another for Apps Backup. You can choose either of these.
- When these options are enabled, backup will happen automatically on a regular basis.
- If you choose not to have backups performed automatically, the operating system will remind you to do a manual back up once after every three weeks.
STEP 2: PERFORM A HARD RESET OF THE PHONE
There are two types of resets for your Windows Phone: Soft Reset and Hard Reset. There is a huge difference between Soft Reset and Hard Reset as the hard reset will return your phone to the factory settings while the soft reset is more like an extended reboot. To fix Windows Store error d0000011, you need to Hard Reset your phone.
Hard reset will bring your phone to the same state as when the device was turned on. All the apps, personal settings, media and messages will be deleted from the phone. This is the reason why we have performed Backup in the first step so that we can still have access to our apps, media, and messages and so on. Just follow these steps to hard reset your phone:
TO RESET A RESPONSIVE PHONE
- If you can turn on your device, you can reset the phone under Settings.
- In the App list, tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap Reset your phone.
- You will be getting two warnings after this. Tap yes on both of them.
- It will take some time to reset your phone
TO RESET AN UNRESPONSIVE PHONE
- If you cannot open your device because of a forgotten pin or you cannot reach to the Settings page due to some reasons, you can still reset your phone using hardware buttons.
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration. Do not touch the screen during this step (Even when Switch Off screen prompts in).
- After feeling the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Now press the following buttons in order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
- Now your phone will automatically reset and restart itself.
STEP 3: RESTORE THE PHONE
This will be the last step to fix Windows Store Error d0000011. Go through the following steps in order to restore the back up:
- If you are asked to sign it, do it using the same account you used while creating the back up.
- When you are prompted to restore your phone, tap the backup you want to use and click Next.
- Provide the necessary security code if asked to verify your account and then click Next.
- Wait for restore to complete and then click Next.
- Do one of the following:
- Enter passwords for your restored accounts, and then tap Next.
- Tap Skip if you want to enter your passwords later.
- Tap Done.
STEP 4: RE-ADD CREDIT CARD INFORMATION (OPTIONAL)
- First of all, attempt to download apps after the 3 steps mentioned above. Unfortunately, if you are still receiving the error, Go to your Windows Phone Account and re-add your contact, e-mail address.
- Click on Edit payment info, and re-add your Credit Card information to finally fix Windows Store error d0000011.
That’s all. Using these 4 simple steps, you can easily fix Windows Store error d0000011. Hope you like this article on “How to fix Windows Store error d0000011”. If you have any queries, you can simply leave a comment below. Your query will be responded as soon as possible.