While upgrading to windows 8.1 or running Windows 8.1 updates, the updates may fail with an error code 8024402F. This is a very common problem that the users are encountering these days. If you are the victim of this error too, then you need not worry. We have found some effective and efficient fixes for Windows Update Error 8024402F. So this article will basically describe two methods to fix Windows Update Error 8024402F which occurs while upgrading to Windows 8.1.
WHAT CAUSES WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 8024402F TO OCCUR?
The Windows Update Error 8024402F may occur due to various reasons. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Poor Internet connection.
- Connection problem between your PC and Windows Update Servers.
- Software such as firewalls, antispyware, web accelerators or proxy servers.
Also Read : Pokemon Go for Windows Phone
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 8024402F WHILE UPDATING WINDOWS 8 OR 8.1
In this section, we will be providing you two effective methods to fix Windows Update Error 8024402F. These methods are reported to be very effective by a significant number of users. So you can go through each of the method to fix Windows Update Error 8024402F.
- Go to Control Panel.
- If you have set the mode to “View by: Category”, then change this mode to “View by: Large Icons”.
- On the bottom of this page (most probably the second last icon), you will find an icon of “Windows Update”. Click on this icon.
- On the left side of the page, you will find a list of options as shown below.
- From this list, select “Change Settings”.
- You will see a page as shown below in the snapshot. On this page, select “Never Check For Updates”.
- Also, uncheck the following statements:
- Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.
- Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
- Now, you can manually check for updates for Windows 8.1 and install them. You won’t be getting any errors now.
- After successful up gradation to Windows 8.1, again go back to control panel and make the settings as it was set previously.
This was the first method to fix Windows Update Error 8024402F. It is found to be useful by the most number of users. But unfortunately, if it didn’t work fine for you, you can try yet another method mentioned below.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select “Clock, Language and Region” option.
- Now select “Date and Time”.
- A new wind will open. On this window select “Change Time Zone” appearing in the bottom.
- Select the correct time zone as applicable for you.
- Click the OK Button on the bottom of this window.
- Reboot you computer to check if the error still persists.
This was the second method to fix Windows Update Error 8024402F. This would surely work for you.
That was all about Windows Update Error 8024402F. Hope you liked this article on “How to Fix Windows Update Error 8024402F”. These are the only methods available to fix Windows Update Error 8024402F. If you find some alternative to these methods, kindly share that with us. If you find yourself into trouble while going through the procedures mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.