You may often encounter iPhone 3G error 1015 while restoring iTunes on iPhone. It is one of the common errors faced by iOS users. The iPhone 3G error occurs because your baseband is flashed with the baseband of iPad and thus iTunes could not update it and hence gives iPhone 3G error 1015. But fixing the iPhone 3G error 1015 is not at all a very big issue. At this point of time, you can either upgrade it to 4.2.1 or downgrade it to 3.1.3 version. While going through the fix, you will be required to update the host file. While doing so, Administrative rights will be required.
Also Read: How to fix iPhone Error 3194.
The following sections will lead you to different methods to fix iPhone 3G error 1015. Each section will provide a different method and you got to choose any one of them depending upon your exact problem.
HOW TO FIX IPHONE 3G ERROR 1015
METHOD 1: FIX iPHONE 3G ERROR 1015 FOR NON-JAILBROKEN iOS
If your phone has not been jail broken and it is in a normal condition and you are encountering iPhone 3G error 1015, then you need to go through the steps mentioned below in order to fix it.
- First of all, you need to download iOS 4.2.1.
- Download Recboot on windows.
- Download latest version of iTunes.
- After completion of all these downloads, you need to switch your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using USB.
- While holding shift key, click on restore button in iTunes and browse your iOS 4.2.1 that you downloaded in step 1.
- Windows will start restoration process for iOS 4.2.1.
- Now you will again get iPhone 3G error 1015, but you need not worry. This is the when recboot will be in action.
- After getting iPhone 3G error, your phone will automatically switch into recovery mode.
- Click on Exit Recovery button in Recboot window.
- Now your phone will start normally.
METHOD 2: iPHONE 3G ERROR 1015 FOR JAILBROKEN iOS
If you are working with a jailbroken iOS, then you need to go through the steps given below in order to fix iPhone 3G error.
- Download iOS 4.1 for your iPhone 3G.
- Update the firmware of the phone to the latest download firmware. You can do this through the latest version of iTunes.
- Now you need to download Redsnow 0.9.6b1. Windows and Mac users can download Redsnow from the respective links given below:
- Run Redsnow.
- Browse and select .ipsw file for the downloaded firmware.
- Click next button.
- Redsnow will start patching the kernel.
- Now you need to uncheck Install Cydia and also uncheck Enable battery percentage.
- Check mark the Just enter pwned DFU mode right now enlisted at the bottom.
- Click on Next button.
- Turn off your iPhone 3G and connect it to your PC via USB. Now press the Next button.
- Now Switch your phone to DFU mode. In order to switch yout iPhone to DFU mode you need to hold Power button and Home button simultaneously for about 4-5 seconds. After 4-5 seconds, release the power button but keep holding the Home button until installation begins.
- Wait until Redsnow completes jailbreaking.
- Your iPhone will start automatically normally.
That is all folks. You can choose any of the two methods described above. In case you find some alternative to these methods, kindly let us know. Even if you face some issues while going through the procedure described above, feel free to ask via comments.