How to Fix MX Player AC3 Audio Format not Supported Error: MX Player is one of the best video player available in Play Stores. It supports a wide range of file formats to play video files. However, to avoid some licensing issues, MX Player has removed few codecs like AC3, DTS, MLP and few more. In such cases, you can view the video but without any sound. Your audio will be blocked by MX Player. If you are also facing such issues, then you have landed at the right place. We have a working method to fix MX Player AC3 Audio Format not Supported error.
WHAT CAUSES THIS ERROR?
This error clearly signifies that the coded required to play file on your device is missing. So a simple solution to fix it is to download the required codec, install it on your system and then your are good to go. We have given a step by step guide to fix MX Player AC3 Audio Format not Supported Error.
HOW TO FIX MX PLAYER AC3 AUDIO FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED
- Download the required custom codec as per your MX Players’s version. If you are not sure of which codec to download, you can download the codec’s from the links given below (any one). Note: Make sure you download the required codec in Zip file format and that too in Internal Memory and not in SD Card.
- Open MX Player and it will automatically detect the downloaded codec (if it is compatible).
- Now press OK and let it restart. You can verify if your custom codec has been implemented properly by going to Menu > Help > About. You will get your downloaded codec mentioned just below the version.
- However, sometimes MX Player doesn’t detect the codecs, even if they are compatible. In such cases, you need to manually assign the path of your codec. Follow the steps given below to do so.
- In MX Player, go to Menu > Settings > Decoder.
- Scroll down to select Custom Codec. Choose the correct path of codec that you have downloaded.
- Now Press OK to let it restart.So this was a simple method to fix MX Player AC3 Audio format not supported. This method is very well tested and this should surely work for you. However, in case of any issues regarding this, feel free to ask via comments. Hope you liked this article on How to fix MX Player AC3 Audio format not supported.