OK Google on Every Screen: As you all know that you can use your voice on Google app for searching stuffs, getting directions or creating reminders. For example, you can say “OK Google do I need an umbrella tomorrow” to see if there is rain in the weather forecast. Recently, Google succeeded with a huge improvement in voice search in the Google Search app by enabling OK Google on Every Screen. But, it is slowly reaching to users on a per-account basis. So, if you are sick and tired of waiting for enabling OK Google on every screen, you can use few of the steps mentioned below to get instant access to this feature.
First try the following trick to get the instant access:
Enable OK Google On Every Screen
- Open Google Now.
- Use either text or voice to search for “OK Google Everywhere”.
- Click on Any Result.
- Come back from Google Now.
- Go to settings.
- Click voice.
- You should see Ok Google section now has options for detection on any screen and lock screen.
- Tick these corresponding boxes.
Let us know if this trick actually worked for you. But unfortunately, if this didn’t work fine, you can use the following major reliable steps to enjoy OK Google on every screen.
STEP 1: UPDATE RELEVANT APPS
- Get update of latest Google Search App.
- Update your android version to KitKat (if using any older version).
- Get update of latest Google Play Store.
STEP 2: INSTALL UnleashTheGoogle
- Download UnleashTheGoogle app by Adam Lawrence.
- Install this app.
- It will ask for super user permission. Grant it.
- You will get message letting you know that hidden settings were unlocked and Google Search needs to be force stopped for the changes to take the effect.
STEP 3: FORCE STOP GOOGLE SEARCH
- Grab the Google app icon from your app drawer and drag it on to the top of screen.
- Drop it on App Info icon.
- Tap force stop and press OK.
STEP 4: MODIFY GOOGLE SEARCH SETTINGS
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Google Search screen.
- Tap the three dot menu button to access the Settings.
- Select Config flags.
- Scroll until you get e300_voice_everywhere.
- Toggle this ON.
- Also toggle enable_e300 option.
- Scroll down until you find speaker_id_supported_locales. Tap it, and type en-US in the box.
- Scroll down and tap the Save Config Settings button.
- Back out and tap the Google Search field for activating the changes.
STEP 5: ENABLE ALWAYS-LISTENING HOTWORD DETECTION
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Voice.
- Tap “Ok Google” detection.
- Make sure that “From Google Search App” is ticked.
- Tap the box next to “From any Screen” and “From Lock Screen” (if you want this functionality).
Now everything has been set up to trigger OK Google on Every Screen, inside any app. If your phone is connected to the charger, this feature will even work with your screen off. So, go ahead and have fun with OK Google Everywhere.
Hope you liked this article on “Enabling OK Google on Every Screen”. If you have any details or news regarding this, kindly share with us. In case of any queries or doubts, you can just leave a comment below.