PEBBLE 2.1 UPDATE: The Pebble, as you know, is a smartwatch that was developed by Pebble Technology in 2013. Pebble smartwatch comes with a black and white e-paper display, a magnetometer, an accelerometer, a vibrating motor and ambient light sensors. The Pebble smartwatch can be used to receive text messages, emails, calls and notifications from the social media, provided that it is connected to a phone. Further, it can also be used as a remote control for phones, or for the cameras and so on. Recently, the Pebble technology corporation announced Pebble 2.1 update. This Pebble 2.1 update lets you receive notifications from any app and the firmware v2.8 provides more languages and much more special characters. It is a big update to the smartwatch that many users were eagerly waiting for. The Android app update will be available to only 10% of the pebblers who visit the Google Play Store. This access will expand over the next couple of weeks to more people running Android 4.3 or higher. The team will soon add support for older devices running Android 4.0 or 4.2.
At the same time, Pebble Technology has also announced Firmware 2.8 that adds full character support for the broadest set of languages to date. For Pebblers who receive notifications in the newly supported languages, special characters will appear exactly and correctly, as opposed to showing up as an “unknown character” boxes.
PEBBLE FIRMWARE 2.8 RELEASE NOTES
- EXPANDED LANGUAGE SUPPORT FOR NOTIFICATIONS: Receive and view messages on your Pebble in the following languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Asu, Basque, Bemba, Bena, Bosnian, Catalan, Chiga, Congo, Swahili, Cornish, Croatian, Danish, Embu, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Faroese, Filipino, Finninsh, French, Galician, Ganda, German, Gusii, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Jola-Fonyi, Kabuverdianu, Kalaallisut, Kalenjin, Kamba, Kikuyu, Kinyarwanda, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luo, Luyia, Machame, Makhuwa-Meetto, Makonde, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Manx, Maori, Meru, Morisyen, North Ndebele, Norwegian, Norwegian Nynorsk, Nyankole, Oromo, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Rombo, Rundi, Rwa, Samburu, Sango, Sangu, Sena, Shambala, Shona, Slovak, Slovenian, Soga, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Taita, Teso, Vunjo, Zulu.
- To update to the latest firmware 2.8, you will have to go through the following steps:
- Open the pebble smartphone app for Android or iOS.
- Select Support.
- Select Update your Pebble in Menu if Pebble does not begin automatically.
PEBBLE 2.1 Update for Android RELEASE NOTES
- Full notification support.
- End calls in-progress.
- Access to 2.1.0 will be a phased roll-out on Google Play Store, so keep checking it.
- Rewritten from the ground-up, this latest version contains many improvements to reliability, performance, and user experience.
- It requires a device running Android 4.3 or above.
PEBBLE iOS APP 2.5.2 RELEASE NOTES
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- No major changes from version 2.5.
You can download this latest version of Pebble 2.5.2 from the iTunes App Store.
That is all folks. Hope you liked this article on “Pebble 2.1 Update: Receive Notifications from Any App”. If you have any queries regarding this, you can leave a comment below.