Windows Phones are one of the devices that are attracting users nowadays. Due to their different and super cool looks, along with the good performance, Windows Phones are able to attract a significant amount of users. But Windows Phones come with a certain amount of restrictions. These restrictions are for users as well as developers. Due to such restrictions, users sometimes face some problems while using Windows Phone. One of such problems is accessing the downloaded files. In case, we do not have SD card inserted in our phone, we really find it difficult to access the files we just downloaded. Suppose you downloaded a pdf file from your mail. After the completion of the download, you will try to find where actually your file is residing. But unfortunately, you won’t find it anywhere. Let me remind you once again that it is the case when you do not have SD card inserted in your Windows Phone. Even after downloading the songs via internet, you won’t be able to track their location on your phone. In other operating systems like android, there is a separate section named as Downloads, where you will have access to all the files you have downloaded. However, in order to access downloaded files on Windows Phone, you need to have an app called Files. This app is provided by Microsoft Corporation only. The following section will lead you to the detailed explanation to access downloaded files on Windows Phone.
HOW TO ACCESS DOWNLOADED FILES ON WINDOWS PHONE
In order to access downloaded files on Windows Phone, you need to go through the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to download an app called Files, which is being published by Microsoft Corporation only. This app will let you:
- Access various files stored on Windows Phone and SD Card.
- Browse, search and launch files.
- Share files.
- Create folders to organize your files.
- Copy, move, rename and delete files.
- You can download this app from Windows Phone Store or simply by clicking here.
- After successful completion of download and installation of Files application, swipe your start screen towards left.
- Here you will have the list of all the apps.
- Browse to Files app and Open.
- If you do not have SD card inserted in your Windows Phone, you will see only one section labeled as Phone.
- Tap on Phone. Here you will see six sections namely: Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Ringtones, and Videos.
- If you want to access the downloaded files on Windows Phone, tap on Downloads.
- Here, you will see the complete list of files that you have downloaded on your phone.
- Now, you can access any file you want.
Due to some restrictions on Windows Phone, this is the only trick available to access downloaded files on Windows Phone. Hope you liked this article on “How to access downloaded files on Windows Phone”. Do let us know if you find an alternative to access downloaded files on Windows Phone. However, if you find yourself into trouble while going through the procedure mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.