Forgetting something is not a crime. And forgetting a Wi-Fi password has become more of a human nature now. Most people configure Wi-Fi networks once, enter the password on all the devices they have and then completely forget the password as if it is of no use. But when we get a new phone or some of our friend wants to access the Wi-Fi, we certainly don’t know the password. But you need not worry if you have also forgotten the password as everybody does. Here, you will get all sorts of methods to recover Wi-Fi password. But these steps mentioned below will be completely impossible to execute if you haven’t access to the network on one of your devices. Follow these steps to recover Wi-Fi password.
HOW TO RECOVER WI-FI PASSWORD IN WINDOWS
First of all, you don’t require any of the extra software that claims to recover the Wi-Fi password. Even if you don’t have administration access, you can look up the Wi-Fi password by following these simple steps:
- Go to Start.
- Start –> Control Panel –>Network and Sharing Center.
- On windows 8, you can directly tap windows key + C, go to search and look for network and sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter setting on the left side bar.
- Right click the Wi-Fi network you are currently using and click on Status.
- Click Wireless properties.
- Click the security tab.
- Here, you will get access to the Wi-Fi name and hidden password.
- Check mark Show Hidden Characters to reveal the saved password.
HOW TO RECOVER WI-FI PASSWORD IN MAC
You can follow these steps to recover Wi-Fi password in your MAC:
- Go to /Applications/Utilities.
- Open keychain Access. Go to the System keychain listed under the Keychain on the top left.
- Search for the desired Wi-Fi network for which you want to find the password, by typing the name of the network (SSID) in the search bar in top right corner, or by manually finding in the list.
- Double click the name of the network and check Show Password option in the resultant box.
- Enter the user account password when prompted and you will be displayed the saved Wi-Fi password in the clear text.
HOW TO RECOVER WI-FI PASSWORD VIA ROUTER
You can follow these steps to recover Wi-Fi password using the router:
- First of all, you need to open the browser and go to the router’s local address that is usually 192.168.1.1, but it may depend on the manufacturer of the router. So to have corrected IP of your router, you can either read the manual or check on Internet.
- A window will prompt asking for username and password. You will have to enter the correct username and password in this window to have access to your Internet Account.
- Click Interface setup –> Internet –> Wireless.
- The box next to the key field contains the password for the Wi-Fi network.
That is all. Using any of these ways, you can easily recover your Wi-Fi password.
Hope you like this article on “How to recover Wi-Fi password”. If you have any queries or some issues, you can just leave a comment below.