HOW TO SOFT RESET AND HARD RESET WINDOWS PHONES: Generally Windows Phones run smooth and fast. But sometimes, they come to a crash of operating system may be after installing different programs. So even if your phone is not responding, you can make it responsive by bringing it back to the factory settings, by what we actually call Resetting. Basically there are two types of resets: (a) Soft Reset (b) Hard Reset. In this article, you will be told how to soft reset and hard reset Windows Phones.
First of all, you must know that there is a significant amount of difference between Soft Reset and Hard Reset (also known as factory reset). The hard reset will return your phone to the factory settings while the soft rest is much more like an extended reboot. You can go through the next section to know how to soft reset and hard reset windows phones.
HOW TO SOFT RESET AND HARD RESET WINDOWS PHONES
This section will let you know how to Soft Reset and Hard Reset windows phones. So go through this section in order to know the differences between two methods and way of implementing the two.
The soft reset can be considered as equivalent to pulling your battery off. Soft Resetting a phone will not remove anything from it and it is absolutely safe to do in case of any problems or issues. You can go for Soft Reset in case you are facing any of the given issues:
- The device starts behaving oddly.
- The camera is not opening.
- The device has started using too much battery.
- The apps that usually start are not opening properly now.
HOW TO SOFT RESET A WINDOWS PHONE
You can Soft Reset your Windows Phone very easily by going through the following steps:
- Switch ON your Windows Phone (In case if it is Switched OFF)
- Press and hold Volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates. You must not touch the screen during this entire process of Soft Reset even when an option to power off pops up.
- When you feel the vibration, leave the buttons and your phone will automatically restart.
- That’s all. You are done with Soft Reset.
Also Read: How to fix Windows Phone Error d0000011.
You must know that hard resetting your Windows Phone will turn it back to the factory settings (the state it was in the first time when it was turned on). All of your personal contents will be lost and phone will be restored to its factory settings. Before going for the Hard Reset, it is highly recommended that you should back up all of your stuff. You can go for hard reset in case you are facing any of the given issues:
- The Soft Reset was unable to solve the problem.
- You want to restore a backup.
- You want to switch to another Microsoft Account.
- You want to reset a device that you will no longer use.
HOW TO HARD RESET A RESPONSIVE PHONE
If your phone is responsive (if you can turn on your device), you can hard reset your windows phone by going through the following steps:
- Tap Settings in the App list page.
- Tap About.
- Tap Restore your phone.
- You will receive two warnings saying that, “Resetting your phone will erase all your personal content, including apps, games, pictures, music and videos and will restore the factory settings. Do you want to continue?”
- So if you are absolutely sure and you have made up your mind to hard reset your windows phone, simply tap YES in both the warnings.
- It will take some amount of time to complete the process.
HOW TO HARD RESET AN UNRESPONSIVE PHONE
If your phone is not responding at all and you cannot reach Settings, then you will have to make use of hardware buttons to hard reset your Windows Phone. On Nokia Lumia phones, go through the following steps in order to hard reset your unresponsive Windows Phone:
- Press and hold Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).
- After feeling the vibration, you should immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following buttons in order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
- Now your Windows Phone will automatically restart.
- It will take some time to complete the process.
That is all folks. Hope you like this article on “How to Soft Reset and Hard Reset Windows Phones”. To Soft Reset and Hard Reset Windows Phones, do not forget to first go for the back up of your stuff. If you face any issues while going through this procedure or in case you have any queries regarding this, do leave a comment below and you will be responded very soon.