Transfer Files from PC to Android Smart Phones Wirelessly: In today’s world of gadgets and devices, we often come across in situations where we want to transfer files from one device to another. We may click pictures using our smart phone, and want to transfer those to our laptop or desktop, may be for the backup purpose or something else. We may want to send a document residing on your PC to our phone so that we can access it anytime and anywhere. This is a very common scenario with all of us. So, I decided to post an article that will let you know various methods to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly.
One of the common methods used to transfer file from PC to other devices is through a USB cable. Though transferring files through USB cable is fast as well as efficient, but there are certain situations where you don’t want to go for this method. You may not want to use this to get rid of ugly and cumbersome cables here and there, or you may not be having a USB cable on number of occasions. So this article will tell you know the methods to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly.
In order to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly, handful of apps are available on Google Play Store that allows you to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones or vice versa. This article will lead you to some of these apps and a detailed procedure to use them to easily and efficiently transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly.
It should be noted that all the apps that we will be mentioning here will require a Wi-Fi connection in order to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly. So, be sure to have one Wi-Fi connection to transfer the files wirelessly.
HOW TO TRANSFER FILES FROM PC TO ANDROID SMART PHONES WIRELESSLY
This section will give you some of the apps along with their usage and features to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly. The list of the apps is as given below.
METHOD 1: AirDroid App
AirDroid is a free application available on Google Play Store that allows you to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly. AirDroid can be used for both sending and receiving files from one device to another via WiFi connection.
The Web Interface of AirDroid is simple, neat and easy to use and I will recommend this app to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones as this is the best app for this purpose in this class of applications. This usually gives a speed of upto 3.5Mbps, which is quite good.
HOW TO USE AIRDROID APP
- First of all, you need to download AirDroid app from Google Play Store or you can simply click here for direct download.
- Run the App.
- On running the app, you will find an IP address.
- Type that IP address on the web browser and press enter.
- A dialogue box will prompt up, asking you to accept. Tap on Accept.
- Now you can access AirDroid on your PC.
- On the right side of the interface on your PC, you will find a toolbox.
- Click on file icon.
- Select the desired file or folder.
- That’s all. Now you can enjoy the file transfer.
METHOD 2: WiFi File Transfer App
WiFi File Transfer is a very popular app, used to transfer files from PC to Android smartphone or vice versa without using any wired connection between the two. WiFi File Transfer App lets you download and upload the files to or from your phone or tablet over a wireless connection. WiFi File transfer App has an easy to use user interface which allows you to easily download and upload multiple files simultaneously. In order to provide appropriate security to the users, this app provides a password authentication support.
HOW TO USE WIFI FILE TRANSFER APP
- First of all, you need to download File Transfer App from Google Play Store or simply click here for direct download.
- Run the app.
- Tap on Start button.
- After tapping the start button, you will come across a URL in the bottom.
- Keep note of this URL.
- Now, you got to paste the URL on your PC.
- Now you can enjoy by transferring the files from PC to your smartphone or vice versa.
METHOD 3: Websharing Lite App
WebSharing Lite is another app that will let you transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly. This app come of free of cost and is available on Google Play Store. One good thing about this app is that it does not require any setup. You just need to install it on your Android device and you are all done. The rest of the functionality will be taken care by this app only.
Like WiFI File Transfer app, this app will also provide you a URL that you will have to paste on your PC to transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phone wirelessly. This app will not irritate you with all sorts of advertisement. This app has a simple and easy to use interface that comes along with some supporting features like File manager, Image Viewer and Video Player.
HOW TO USE WEBSHARING LITE APP
- First of all you need to download and install WebSharing Lite App from Google Play Store or you can click here for direct download.
- Run the App.
- Click on Start button.
- On the bottom of the app, you will find a URL.
- Copy URL.
- Paste URL on the browser in your PC.
- On the app, you will find a password (below the URL), that you need to enter when asked for it.
- Now you can enjoy the file transfer.
Hope you liked this article on “Transfer files from PC to Android Smart Phones wirelessly”. If you find yourself into trouble while going through the procedure mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.