iPhone comes with a handful of exciting features. One of the features allows users to Unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID. If you want to unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID, then you need not enter the passcode for unlocking iPhone. All you need to do is rest your finger or thumb against the Home button, and the screen will unlock automatically. However, only your fingerprint can unlock iPhone. If someone else wants to unlock iPhone, then it is mandatory for him to enter the numeric password that you have set on your iPhone.
This article will let you know the procedure to unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID. It is very easy to set this up and this feature works really well. To unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID, it is compulsory to have an iOS device which has Touch ID support and a Fingerprint reader.
Though if you unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and touch ID, it should surely increase the speed of unlocking your screen, but you should keep in mind that this feature does not prohibits the passcode feature. You can still unlock your iPhone through passcode. Even if your Home button’s Touch ID sensor is not working properly, you can always enter the passcode in order to unlock your iPhone.
HOW TO UNLOCK IPHONE WITH FINGERPRINT AND TOUCH ID
In order to unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID, you need to enable touch ID Fingerprint unlock. This section will give you a step by step procedure to do so.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Passcode & Fingerprint.
- Choose Fingerprints.
- You need to be sure that Passcode Unlock is being turned to ON position.
- To make this feature a bit more reliable, follow the steps given below.
- You got to choose Add new fingerprint. Here, you can choose any of your finger – be it thumb, pointing finger or any other finger.
- Follow the steps with the finger you chose.
- Now, choose another finger (this acts as an alternative to the primary finger) and go through the instructions once again.
- Again choose Add new fingerprint. This time you should use the same finger that you chose as primary finger but at a certain different angle. (Note: This is just a trick to improve the reliability of Touch ID Fingerprint Recognition).
Now try to unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID. This should surely work now and that too reliably. Hope you liked this article on “Unlock iPhone with Fingerprint and Touch ID”. If you find yourself into trouble while going through the procedure mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.