Windows 10 January Technical Preview for Desktops Now Available for Download: After a long wait, the curiosity of experiencing Windows 10 is about to end for you. This is because the Microsoft has rolled out its Windows 10 January Technical Preview on Friday. That’s Right. Windows 10 is being packed up with some exciting and extraordinary new features that the users were waiting for long.
On the Windows 10 technical preview, Microsoft has fixed many bugs and has added a significant number of new features including Cortana, Continuum, and many more. But this Windows 10 January Technical Preview is still missing Microsoft’s modern web browser, called “Spartan”. Microsoft’s Engineering General Manager, Gabe Aul mentioned in a company blog post, “Much is still in progress and we are getting it out as fast as we can – so you can try it out and give us feedback”. The Windows 10 January Technical Preview is also missing the OneDrive based Music Locker support.
It should be kept in mind that this Windows 10 January Technical Preview is available only for Desktops. Microsoft has not yet released the Windows 10 preview for the smartphones. Microsoft is expected to roll out Windows 10 January Technical Preview for smartphones in the month of February.
FEATURES OF WINDOWS 10 JANUARY TECHNICAL PREVIEW FOR DESKTOPS
Here is the list of features of Windows 10 January Technical Preview that most of you will be waiting for eagerly.
- This preview has fixed a significant number of bugs.
- This preview has added Cortana Support through which user will be able to do the following:
- With the help of Cortana, users will be able to set reminders.
- Users will be able to search for information stored on the PC, tablets or on the web using voice or text input.
- Windows 10 January technical preview for desktops has also introduced a new Continuum feature. Continuum switched the Start Menu and other UI when switching between tablet mode and laptop mode in a convertible Windows 10 laptop.
- A brand new re-designed Settings app has also been introduced in this preview.
- The new Start Menu in the Windows 10 comes up with a Live Tile Interface.
- Connectivity options for audio and video devices include a new Action Centre that comes as a replacement for Windows 8’s Charms Bar.
- Several new apps for photos and maps have also been introduced.
- Windows Store Beta has been updated in Windows 10 Technical preview.
- It will be supporting 20 languages including Hindi.
- Microsoft has also merged the Task View with the Alt + Tab key functionality.
HOW TO GET ACCESS TO WINDOWS 10 JANUARY TECHNICAL PREVIEW FOR DESKTOPS
In order to get access to the Windows 10 January Technical Preview for desktops, you need to satisfy the system requirements as mentioned below and go through a series of registration processes as described in this section.
- The system requirements to use Windows 10 January Technical Preview includes:
- 1GB RAM for 32 bit processors and 2GB RAM for 64 bit processors.
- 16GB Storage Space.
- DirectX 9 graphics.
- If you are a new user, then you will have to register for the Windows Insider Program or you can also download the January Technical Preview ISO files from the link given below.
- If you are already running previous technical preview, then you will automatically observe the update option on the Slow or Fast Track cycle.
- Before using Windows 10 January Technical Preview, it is highly recommended to have a back up of your stuff as this preview may contain some bugs that may harm your contents.
Windows 10 is expected to be a huge release from Microsoft and all of us are certainly waiting for it to come to our hands for use. Hope you liked this article on “Windows 10 January Technical Preview for Desktops”. In case of any queries regarding Windows 10 technical preview, feel free to ask via comments.