Whenever your computer is having trouble connecting to Microsoft’s Windows Update Server, you may most likely encounter a Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe. Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe is usually caused due to missing registry keys or DLL files on your system. This error can cause blue screens as well as permanent damage to your PC.
When you encounter Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe, you may see Windows Program not loading or working properly, inability to install new program as well as freezes or crashes. In order to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe, you need to go through the following steps mentioned below.
Also Read : How to fix Windows Phone Error 8000ffff
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR CODE 0X80072efe
Before going to actual fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe, it will be a good idea to know what actually causes this error. While downloading or installing windows updates, you need to take care of two things. First, the date and time on your computer must be set accurately. An invalid date and time on your computer may result in Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe. Secondly, you may need to turn off your virus protection or firewalls temporarily. Such softwares can get in between your PC and Windows update servers. But you need to turn these backs after completion of the update.
Now you can go through the next section for detailed explanation of the fixes. We have provided two methods to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe.
Also Read: How to fix Windows Phone Error 80073cf9
METHOD 1: CHANGE DATE AND TIME ON YOUR SYSTEM
In order to change date and time on your system, go through the following steps:
- Log in to your system with administrative privileges.
- On the lower right corner, you will see the current date and time.
- If the date and/or time is incorrect, click on the date and time section.
- Here you will get an option saying “Change date and time settings…”.
- Click on this option.
- Now click “Change date and time…”
- Now simply enter the correct date and time and Click OK.
If this method does not work for you or the date and time were already set accurately, you need to go to the second method.
METHOD 2: TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL TEMPORARILY
In order to turn off firewall on your system, you need to go through the following steps:
- Go to Start.
- Click on Control Panel icon.
- Click on System and Security tab.
- Here, you will find a Windows Firewall Click on this tab.
- Here you will observe two sections. One section will be of public network and the other one will be of private or home network. We are concerned with private network only.
- In this private section, you need to check Turn off windows firewall.
- Now, restart your computer and try to connect to Windows Update again.
- If this method works fine for you, remember to Turn on Windows Firewall.
Sometimes, you may also need to temporarily turn off your virus protection on your system. These are the only working methods available. In case you find some other method to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe, do let us know. In case you find yourself into trouble while going through the procedure described above, feel free to ask via comments.